File a Complaint about a financial product, service or institution that we supervise.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- March 23, 2015: NYDFS Issues Consumer Alert on Insurance Coverage for Colon Cancer Screenings
- March 12, 2015: NYDFS Announces Commerzbank to pay $1.45 Billion, Terminate Employees, Install Independent Monitor for Banking Law Violations
- March 10, 2015: NYDFS Announces Moneymutual Will Pay $2.1 Million Penalty; Montel Williams To Withdraw Endorsement For New York Payday Loans
- March 5, 2015: NYDFS Urges Pioneer Savings Bank Customers To Take Steps To Protect Themselves Following Security Breach
- February 27, 2015: DFS Issues Regulatory Guidance To Financial Institutions On Identifying And Stopping Elder Financial Abuse
For more news releases and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- March 26, 2015: Superintendent Lawsky Letter to Insurers on Cyber Security
- March 17, 2015: Department Now Accepting Applications for Commerzbank Independent Monitor
- March 2, 2015: Revised BitLicense Regulatory Framework
- February 25, 2015: Superintendent Lawsky’s Remarks On Financial Regulation In New York City At Columbia Law School
- December 10, 2014: Letter to Banks on Cyber Security Examination Process
- December 04, 2014: Industry Letter: Updated Final Guidelines for Bank Lending to Multifamily Properties Under the Community Reinvestment Act
- March 11, 2014: NYDFS Issues Public Order On Virtual Currency Exchanges
- February 06, 2014: Banking Division Industry Letter: FS-ISAC Participation Recommended For All NYS-Chartered Depository Institutions
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...
- Disaster Assistance:
- Disaster Resource Center
- Pioneer Savings Bank Data Security Breach: What You Need To Know
- Anthem (Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield) Data Security Breach - What You Need To Know
- Alert for Customers of Condor Capital Corporation - Receiver Appointed
- Holocaust Claims Fund Letter Hoax
- Hotline To Report Misconduct At New York's Public Pension Funds, Including Misconduct By Pension Consultants
- Payday Lending in New York: What You Need to Know