New York State Department of Financial Services
File a Complaint about a financial product, service or institution that we supervise.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- December 7, 2016: Governor Cuomo Announces New Actions to Assist Homeowners Facing Foreclosure and Hold Banks and Mortgage Servicers Accountable for Maintaining "Zombie Properties"
- December 2, 2016: Statement by DFS Superintendent Maria T. Vullo Regarding the OCC Special Purpose National Bank Charters for Fintech Companies
- November 18, 2016: Oneonta Travel Agent Accused of Stealing $13,000 from Couple Who Planned Trip to Italy to Mark 50th Wedding Anniversary
- November 17, 2016: DFS Proposes New Regulation to Protect New Yorkers from Unjustified Life Insurance Premium Increases
- November 9, 2016: Governor Cuomo Announces $28 Million Fine Levied Against PHH Mortgage Corporation for Shoddy Mortgage Origination and Servicing Practices
- November 4, 2016: DFS Fines Agricultural Bank of China $215 Million for Violating Anti-Money Laundering Laws and Masking Potentially Suspicious Financial Transactions
- November 3, 2016: Governor Cuomo Announces New Regulation to Help New York Students Better Understand College Costs and Available Financial Aid
For more news and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- December 7, 2016: Ulster DA Announces Arrest for Insurance Fraud
- December 2, 2016: Doctor Charged in Manhattan Federal Court for Illegal Distribution Of Millions of Oxycodone Pills
- November 17, 2016: Applications are now being accepted for the independent monitor position for Agricultural Bank of China Limited, New York Branch
- November 17, 2016: Out-of-Network Reimbursement Rate Workgroup Meeting Schedule Update
- October 31, 2016: DFS Has Been Awarded $1.2 Million Grant to Increase our Efforts to Enforce Mental Health Parity Laws and to Help Train Examiners
- October 27, 2016: DFS Statement Regarding the Issuance of Stop Loss Coverage and Fully-Insured Group Insurance by Authorized Insurers to New York Small Group Employers
- October 6, 2016: A.G. Schneiderman Announces Recovery of Over $500K in Local Doctor’s Fraudulent Medicaid Billings
- September 28, 2016: Per Scholas Celebrates Expansion to Brooklyn
- September 21, 2016: A.G. Schneiderman Announces Arrests Of Husband And Wife Fugitives In Syracuse Mortgage Fraud Case
- September 8, 2016: Live Webcast of the Public Hearing Concerning the Application by Anthem, Inc. for Approval of Acquisition of Control of Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York
- September 6, 2016: Liquidation of the New York-Licensed Agencies of Jugobanka and Beogradska Banka
- August 30, 2016: A.G. Schneiderman Announces 109-Count Indictment Charging Six Individuals In Massive Multi-Year Auto Insurance Fraud Scheme
- August 29, 2016: The New York State Department of Financial Services is now accepting applications for the independent monitor position for Mega International Commercial Bank Co., Ltd
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...
- Applications are now being accepted for the independent monitor position for Agricultural Bank of China Limited, New York Branch
- Deadline Extended for Holocaust Survivors and their Heirs Eligible to Receive Compensation under Agreement between France and the United States
- Update on Action Taken Against Pension Funding, LLC and Pension Income, LLC
- Holocaust Survivors Now Eligible to Receive Pensions from Poland and Czech Republic
- Payday Lending in New York: What You Need to Know
For Help with Insurance Questions
Related to the Lackawanna Fire:
Call our Disaster Hotline:
- Disaster Assistance:
- Disaster Resource Center