New York State Department of Financial Services
File a Complaint about a financial product, service or institution that we supervise.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- April 28, 2016: DFS Urges New Yorkers to Consider Flood Insurance to Protect Their Homes and Business Properties from Flood Damage
- April 25, 2016: Governor Cuomo Announces Action to Ensure Health Insurers Provide Coverage for Maternal Depression Screening
- April 22, 2016: DFS Files for Liquidation of Health Republic in New York State Supreme Court
- April 21, 2016: DFS Announces Appointments of Executive Deputy Superintendent for Insurance and Deputy Superintendent for Insurance
- April 11, 2016: Governor Cuomo Announces New Initiative Ensuring Domestic Violence Victims are Able to Obtain Health Insurance Coverage Year-Round
For more news releases and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- March 10, 2016: Update on Action Taken Against Pension Funding, LLC and Pension Income, LLC
- December 31, 2015: Resources for Colleges and Universities on the Financial Aid Award Information Sheet
- November 9, 2015: Letter to Federal and State Financial Regulators on Potential New NYDFS Cyber Security Regulation Requirements for Financial Institutions
- October 15, 2015: Revised Appearance Enhancement Wage Payment Surety Bond Form posted
- October 13, 2015: NYDFS Reaches Agreement With Société Générale on New Symphony Chat Platform and Issues Guidance to All Regulated Institutions on Use of Symphony
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...
Beware of scam using Department of Financial Services' Name. Read more
- Superstorm Sandy Disaster Loan Filing Period Reopens
- Holocaust Survivors and their Heirs Eligible to Receive Compensation under New Agreement between France and the United States
- Holocaust Survivors Now Eligible to Receive Pensions from Poland and Czech Republic
- Columbian Mutual Life Insurance Company Data Security Breach: What You Need To Know
- Storm Sandy Mediation Program - June 22, 2015 Deadline for Filing Requests for Mediation
- Anthem (Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield) Data Security Breach - What You Need To Know
- Alert for Customers of Condor Capital Corporation - Receiver Appointed
- Hotline To Report Misconduct At New York's Public Pension Funds, Including Misconduct By Pension Consultants
- Payday Lending in New York: What You Need to Know
- Disaster Assistance:
- Disaster Resource Center