New York State Department of Financial Services
File a Complaint about a financial product, service or institution that we supervise.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- January 20, 2016: NYDFS Announces Healthnow New York To Pay $750,000 Fine For Insurance Law Violations
- December 17, 2015: NYDFS Announces Enforcement Action Against Habib Bank Limited
- December 1, 2015: Governor Cuomo Announces Anti-Terrorism Regulation Requiring Senior Financial Executives to Certify Effectiveness of Anti-Money Laundering Systems
- November 19, 2015: NYDFS Announces New Day Financial to Pay $1 Million and Surrender New York License For Exam Cheating Scheme
- November 18, 2015: NYDFS Announces Barclays to Pay Additional $150 Million Penalty, Terminate Employee for Automated, Electronic Foreign Exchange Trading Misconduct
For more news releases and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- December 31, 2015: Resources for Colleges and Universities on the Financial Aid Award Information Sheet
- November 9, 2015: Letter to Federal and State Financial Regulators on Potential New NYDFS Cyber Security Regulation Requirements for Financial Institutions
- October 15, 2015: Revised Appearance Enhancement Wage Payment Surety Bond Form posted
- October 13, 2015: NYDFS Reaches Agreement With Société Générale on New Symphony Chat Platform and Issues Guidance to All Regulated Institutions on Use of Symphony
- September 14, 2015: NYDFS Reaches Agreements With 4 Major Banks on New Symphony Chat & Messaging Platform
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...
- Disaster Assistance:
- Disaster Resource Center
Holocaust Survivors and their Heirs Eligible to Receive Compensation under New Agreement between France and the United States
- Holocaust Survivors Now Eligible to Receive Pensions from Poland and Czech Republic
- Storm Sandy National Flood Insurance Program Claims
- Columbian Mutual Life Insurance Company Data Security Breach: What You Need To Know
- Storm Sandy Mediation Program - June 22, 2015 Deadline for Filing Requests for Mediation
- Anthem (Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield) Data Security Breach - What You Need To Know
- Alert for Customers of Condor Capital Corporation - Receiver Appointed
- Holocaust Claims Fund Letter Hoax
- Hotline To Report Misconduct At New York's Public Pension Funds, Including Misconduct By Pension Consultants
- Payday Lending in New York: What You Need to Know