Learn more about insurance, banking, financial services, and protecting yourself from fraud and foreclosure.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submissions via our portal.
Learn more about the institutions we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- New York Consumers Should Not Participate in Relay Rides' Online Car-Sharing Program Until Further Notice
- Understanding Your Credit Score
A tool for locating lost life insurance policies on a deceased immediate family member.
What to do about force-placed insurance policies and your eligibility for restitution.
Help for those looking to protect their most valuable asset. Learn more about Insurance, foreclosure, scams and more ...
- File a FOIL request?
- File a complaint against a supervised institution?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a Claim for Recovery against Jugobanka and Beogradska Banka?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- May 15, 2013: Superintendent Lawsky Orders ‘Relayrides’ Car-Sharing Service To Cease And Desist Its Repeated False Advertising And Violations Of Insurance Law, Company Will Stop Doing Business In New York
- May 10, 2013: Governor Cuomo Announces Cyber Security Advisory Board
- May 09, 2013: Governor Cuomo Deploys DFS Mobile Command Center To Locations In Nassau And Suffolk Counties
- May 08, 2013: Statement of New York Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin M. Lawsky on the MBIA-Société Générale Settlement
- May 07, 2013: Governor Cuomo Launches Investigation Into 'Pension Advance' Schemes That Put Seniors, Military Veterans At Risk
For more news releases and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- May 01, 2013: Superintendent Lawsky Letter to Federal Reserve on Foreign Banking Organization Rule
- April 24, 2013: Superintendent Lawsky Letter to Assembly Speaker Silver on Legalizing Unsafe Payday Loans in New York State
- April 24, 2013: Superintendent Lawsky Letter to Health Insurers on insurance coverage for Meningitis Vaccine Effective Against New, Lethal Strain
- April 18, 2013: Superintendent Lawsky's Remarks at the 22nd Annual Hyman P. Minsky Conference on the State of the U.S. and World Economies
- April 18, 2013: DFS Reaches Settlement Agreement with RFC Mortgage
- April 5, 2013: Superintendent Lawsky Letter to State Insurance Commissioners on Reforming Force-placed Insurance
- March 19, 2013: 2012 Annual Financial Fraud and Consumer Protection Division Report
The Mobile Command Center (MCC), a mobile office staffed with DFS specialists, visits communities statewide that have been impacted by Storm Sandy.
Healthy NY assists individuals and small business owners in obtaining health insurance for themselves and their employees.
The Prior Approval law gives the Department the authority to review and approve health insurance premium rate increases before any changes take effect.
Learn more about flood insurance, how flood damages are treated by insurance policies, and what to do if your property is damaged due to flood.
The Holocaust Claims Processing Office advocates on behalf of Holocaust victims and their heirs seeking the return of nazi-looted assets.
The Foreclosure Relief Unit assists homeowners as part of a statewide initiative to assist homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure.