New York State Department of Financial Services
File a Complaint about a financial product, service or institution that we supervise.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- March 22, 2017: DFS Authorizes Coinbase, Inc. to Provide Additional Virtual Currency Products and Services
- March 15, 2017: Statement by New York State Financial Services Superintendent Maria T. Vullo on the OCC’s Proposed Licensing Manual Supplement for Evaluating Charter Applications From Financial Technology Companies
- March 15, 2017: DFS Encourages Insurance Companies to Offer Disaster Preparedness Courses to Consumers Seeking Homeowners and Renters Policy Discounts
- March 7, 2017: DFS Announces Lincoln Financial Group Has Paid $50.7 Million to Beneficiaries of New York Policyholders for Lost Insurance Claims
- March 1, 2017: DFS Fines Oxford Health $1 Million for New York Insurance Law Violations
For more news and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- March 23, 2017: The National Italian American Foundation Honors Best and Brightest in Business, Sports, Entertainment, Politics at 2017 New York Gala
- March 21, 2017: District Attorney Hoovler Announces Guilty Plea in Arson Case
- March 10, 2017: Manhattan U.S. Attorney Announces Extradition of Defendant Charged with Fraud & Money Laundering in Connection with Deceiving Homeowners into Selling Their Homes
- February 10, 2017: DFS Takes Possession of Melrose Credit Union, Appoints NCUA as Conservator
- February 8, 2017: A.G. Schneiderman Announces Convictions in Syracuse Mortgage Fraud and Witness Tampering Cases
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...