Mortgage Banker, Broker and Servicer: Additional Branch Application
Mortgage bankers and mortgage brokers and loan servicers seeking to establish additional branch offices must submit a branch application Form MU3 through the NMLS database.
Complete Online Application
- Before beginning the online application process, you will be required to transition your company to the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). To transition your company you must submit a form requesting an account. If your company has already submitted a Company Request Form Do Not submit one again.
- Applications for branch licenses or registrations must contain the complete address of the proposed branch location, including suite number. You are also required to provide the telephone and fax number of the proposed branch office.
- A branch manager must be designated for each branch office. Each branch manager must submit Form MU4 to obtain authorization from the Superintendent of Banks to engage in mortgage loan origination activities, prior to designation as a branch manager.
- You are required to pay all applicable fees as part of the online process using Visa, Mastercard, or ACH (automated clearing house transaction).
Jurisdiction Specific Requirements
Jurisdiction-specific requirements as identified below must be submitted within 5 business days of the submission of your application through NMLS to the State of New York Department of Financial Services at the following address:
New York State
Department of Financial Services
One State Street
New York, NY 10004-1511
Attn: Mortgage Banking
The following documents are required for the Department to consider an application complete:
- LEASES. Provide copies of leases, subleases and/or lease assignment, if applicable, for the proposed branch. Leases must be meet the following criteria:
- Fully executed in the name of the applicant and signed by an officer of the applicant.
- Lease terms must be for at least 6 months. Month-to-month leases are not accepted
- All subleases or lease assignments must be accompanied by a fully executed copy of the main lease.
- If required by the main (master) lease, a copy of the landlord consent to the sublease or lease assignment must be submitted.
- Applicants seeking to license or register residential property must submit a copy of the property deed along with zoning permissions.
- COMPENSATION CONTRACT. Submit an executed copy of the compensation contract between the company and the branch manager. The contract should include information on the branch manager’s responsibilities, method of compensation and calculation of compensation, if commissioned.
- NET BRANCH CERTIFICATION. Provide a certification on corporate letterhead, signed by a principal officer or owner, attesting to the applicant’s knowledge and understanding of the Department’s prohibition against net branching.
- DUAL AGENCY AFFIDAVIT. if the mortgage broker, mortgage banker, branch manager, or other person having a relationship with your company holds a real estate broker or real estate sales agent license or functions as an attorney on residential mortgage transactions, a Dual Agency form must be submitted.