New York residents need to know that now is the time to get protected.
- New York is at a heightened risk of flooding during hurricane season, and while some residents are diligent about preparing their homes for storms, most have still not obtained a flood policy.
- Homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage. Not purchasing a flood insurance policy leaves you financially vulnerable in the face of hurricane season – talk to your insurance agent today about your coverage options.
- Residents living on the coast are at a significant risk of storm surge flooding. A flood insurance policy will financially protect your property from flood damage caused by storm surge.
- Coastal residents are not the only ones at risk during hurricane season. Some of the most damaging floods occur when the remnants of a hurricane or tropical storm system travels inland producing above average rainfall hundreds of miles from the coast.
Flood insurance is more affordable than residents might think and is a critical component of financially protecting your home or business from flood damage.
- The average cost of a flood insurance policy is $500.
- Just two inches of floodwater inside your home can damage drywall, flooring, furniture and electrical systems, adding up to $7,800 or more in damage. Without a flood insurance policy, your financial security is at risk.
Information on preparing for the storm season is available at: Hurricane Preparedness in New York State