For the seriously ill and their caregivers
Social Workers, hospital ombudsman or medical office managers are available to help you understand your insurance and provide general information.
Questions you may ask include:
- What treatments/needs will my insurance cover?
- What is a contact name and phone number of a hospital or physician’s
office representative who can help me with insurance and billing questions?
- Am I covered by Medicare or a Medicare HMO?
- Do I qualify for any reimbursement programs for events such as travel, private nursing or nurses aids?
- What are my responsibilities for getting referrals or pre-certification?
- What coverage, if any, is available for alternative care?