Health Insurance - Top Ten Questions
Healthy New York
- How do I determine if I am eligible for Healthy NY?
- How does Healthy NY coverage compare to the standard HMO coverage?
- Are there any income or working hours requirements?
- Which insurers write Healthy NY, and are the rates the same for all insurers?
- How often can the rates be changed?
- Are there deductibles and co-payments? What are they?
- Does Healthy NY cover prescription drugs? If so, how do I know which drugs are covered?
- Are there any medical conditions that are not covered by Health NY?
- Does my Healthy NY coverage automatically renew every year, or do I need to re apply?
- Can I keep the coverage if I change jobs? What are my rights if I am terminated?
Additional questions for Small Groups:
- Can I, as the owner of a small company (less than 50 employees) purchase Healthy NY coverage
for my employees?
- Can I pass on the cost of the insurance to my employees? Is there a limit as to how much of the
premium can be passed on to the employees?