Health Insurance - Top Ten Questions
- What are the benefit packages are available?
- What is the difference between an HMO and other health insurers?
- What is the difference between a HMO product and a point of service plan (POS)?
- Do my employees need a referral to see an out of Network Doctor if the group has a HMO product? What
if the group has a POS product?
- How can my employees tell if their doctor is participating doctor with a health plan?
- Are there any deductibles, coinsurance amounts or lifetime maximums which apply to the group’s
- What are the premium rates for the various HMO and POS products for the different plans operating
in the group’s geographic area?
- When will the group’s premium rates change and how much advance notice of the increase
will the group be given?
- Can the group be experienced rated?
- Can the group pass on the cost of the insurance to its employees? Is there a limit as to how
much of the premium can be passed on to the employees?