Health Insurance - Top Ten Questions
Standardized Direct Pay
- What are the benefit packages are available?
- What is the difference between an HMO and other health insurers?
- What is the difference between the standardized HMO product and a point of service plan (POS)?
- Do I need a referral to see an out of Network Doctor if I have a Standardized HMO product? What
If I have a POS product?
- How can I tell if my Doctor is participating doctor with a health plan?
- Are there any deductibles, coinsurance amounts or lifetime maximums which apply to my coverage?
- What are the premium rates for the standardized product and POS product for the different plans
operating in my geographic area?
- Will there be a pre-existing condition limitations that may apply, and if so, how does
- When will my premium rates change and how much advance notice of the increase will I be given?
- I have often heard the term "usual and customary" fees. What is this, and how
does it affect me?