Health Insurance - Top Ten Questions
For additional information, please also visit our
Health Insurance Resource Center. Additional
Frequently Asked Questions are available by selecting
- What are the benefit packages are available?
- What is the difference between an HMO and other health insurers?
- What is the difference between a HMO product and a point of service plan (POS)?
- Do my employees need a referral to see an out of Network Doctor if
the group has a HMO product? What if the group has a POS product?
- How can my employees tell if their doctor is participating doctor with a health plan?
- Are there any deductibles, coinsurance amounts or lifetime maximums
which apply to the group’s coverage?
- What are the premium rates for the various HMO and POS products for
the different plans operating in the group’s geographic area?
- When will the group’s premium rates change and how much advance
notice of the increase will the group be given?
- Can the group be experienced rated?
- Can the group pass on the cost of the insurance to its employees? Is there a limit as
to how much of the premium can be passed on to the employees?