Health Insurance - Top Ten Questions
For additional information, please also visit our
Health Insurance Resource Center. Additional
Frequently Asked Questions are available by selecting
Long Term Care
- What does Long Term Care insurance cost, are the rates guaranteed and at what age is
it best to purchase a policy?
- What is the difference between a "partnership plan" and
a plan that does not qualify for the partnership program?
- What kinds of care are covered under a Long Term Care policy? Hospital confinement? Hospice
care? Care in one's own home?
- What levels of reimbursement are available under a Long Term Care
per day? 50% of covered charges? What?
- Are all Nursing Homes covered under a Long Term Care Policy?
- What types of benefits are excluded from a Long Term Care Policy?
- Am I covered by my NYS Long Term Care Policy if I move out of state or out of the country?
- Are my benefits limited by a lifetime maximum or other limits?
- To what extent does Medicare cover long term care services?
- What criteria needs to be met to trigger claim eligibility? What is the procedure for
submitting a claim?