Learn more about insurance, banking, financial services, and protecting yourself from fraud and foreclosure.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submissions via our portal.
Learn more about the institutions we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Hotline To Report Misconduct At New York's Public Pension Funds, Including Misconduct By Pension Consultants
- Top 50 Storm-Preparedness Tips
- Payday Lending in New York: What You Need to Know
- Understanding Your Credit Score
Locate a lost life insurance policy on a deceased immediate family member.
What to do about force-placed insurance policies and your eligibility for restitution.
Help for those looking to protect their most valuable asset. Learn more about Insurance, foreclosure, scams and more ...
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- File a complaint against a supervised institution?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a Claim for Recovery against Jugobanka and Beogradska Banka?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- December 03, 2013: Cuomo Administration Expands Investigation Into Illegal Online Payday Lending And Related Consumer Abuses
- November 20, 2013: Governor Cuomo Deploying Mobile Command Center To Central New York To Provide Foreclosure Prevention Help To Homeowners
- October 31, 2013: Governor Cuomo Announces First Round Of 18 Doctors And Other Health Service Providers Banned From Abusing No-Fault Auto Insurance System
- October 29, 2013: Superintendent Lawsky To Give Remarks On Corporate Accountability And Financial Regulation At Binghamton University
- October 28, 2013: Governor Cuomo Deploys DFS Mobile Command Center To New York City And Long Island To Provide Continued Assistance To New Yorkers
For more news releases and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- November 14, 2013: Notice of Intent to Hold Hearing on Virtual Currencies, Including Potential NYDFS Issuance of a ‘BitLicense'
- October 18, 2013: Superintendent Lawsky Letter Regarding Proposed Rules for the Use of Statewide Forms in Consumer Credit Actions Seeking Award of a Default Judgment
- September 11, 2013: Superintendent Lawsky Letter to State Insurance Commissioners on AG38 and Principles-based Reserving
- August 12, 2013: Notice of Inquiry on Virtual Currencies
- August 7, 2013: Order Pursuant to Section 36 and 37 of the New York Banking Law
- July 22, 2013: Superintendent Lawsky Letter to CFPB on Amendments to the 2013 Mortgage Rules Under RESPA (Regulation X)
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
Healthy NY provides individuals and small business owners with health insurance for themselves and their employees.
Prior Approval law gives DFS the authority to review and approve health insurance rate increases before they take effect.
DFS has proposed Slumlord Prevention Guidelines to help protect tenants and promote investment in rental housing.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies
HCPO advocates on behalf of Holocaust victims and their heirs seeking the return of Nazi-looted assets.