New York State Department of Financial Services
File a Complaint about a financial product, service or institution that we supervise.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- September 27, 2016: Governor Cuomo Announces Proposed Regulation to Hold Banks and Mortgage Servicers Accountable for Maintaining "Zombie Properties"
- September 21, 2016: Governor Cuomo Announces Agreement With State Legislative Leaders to Make Emergency Grants Available to Small Businesses, Homeowners and Renters Impacted by Chelsea Explosion
- September 21, 2016: DFS Grants License to New Insurance Company Domiciled in New York
- September 13, 2016: Governor Cuomo Announces Proposal of First-In-The-Nation Cybersecurity Regulation to Protect Consumers and Financial Institutions
- September 9, 2016: DFS Issues Emergency Regulation to Address New York Factors Necessary to Remedy Adverse Impact of Federal Risk Adjustment Program on New York Health Insurers
- August 19, 2016: DFS Fines Mega Bank $180 Million for Violating Anti-Money Laundering Laws
For more news and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- September 21, 2016: A.G. Schneiderman Announces Arrests Of Husband And Wife Fugitives In Syracuse Mortgage Fraud Case
- September 21, 2016 and September 27, 2016: Out-of-Network Reimbursement Rate Workgroup Meetings
- September 8, 2016: Live Webcast of the Public Hearing Concerning the Application by Anthem, Inc. for Approval of Acquisition of Control of Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York
- September 6, 2016: Liquidation of the New York-Licensed Agencies of Jugobanka and Beogradska Banka
- August 30, 2016: A.G. Schneiderman Announces 109-Count Indictment Charging Six Individuals In Massive Multi-Year Auto Insurance Fraud Scheme
- August 29, 2016: The New York State Department of Financial Services is now accepting applications for the independent monitor position for Mega International Commercial Bank Co., Ltd
- August 5, 2016: Notice of Public Hearing - Application by Anthem, Inc. for Approval of Acquisition of Control of Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York
- August 3, 2016: NYDFS Letter on Application for Approval of Acquisition of Control of CIGNA Life Insurance Company of New York by Anthem, Inc.
- July 11, 2016: NYDFS Letter on Application for Approval of Acquisition of Control of Humana Insurance Company of New York by Aetna Inc.
- June 27, 2016: DFS Assists Otsego County District Attorney Homicide Investigation
- June 23, 2016: A.G. Schneiderman Announces Arrests Of Six Individuals Charged With Auto Insurance Fraud (NYS Office of the Attorney General)
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...
- Deadline Extended for Holocaust Survivors and their Heirs Eligible to Receive Compensation under Agreement between France and the United States
- Applications are now being accepted for the independent monitor position for Mega International Commercial Bank Co., Ltd
- Update on Action Taken Against Pension Funding, LLC and Pension Income, LLC
- Beware of scam using Department of Financial Services' Name
- Holocaust Survivors Now Eligible to Receive Pensions from Poland and Czech Republic
- Payday Lending in New York: What You Need to Know
For Help with Insurance Questions Related to the Chelsea Explosion:
Call our Disaster Hotline:
- Disaster Assistance:
- Disaster Resource Center