Learn more about insurance, banking, financial services, and protecting yourself from fraud and foreclosure.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submissions via our portal.
Learn more about the institutions we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Holocaust Claims Fund Letter Hoax
- Hotline To Report Misconduct At New York's Public Pension Funds, Including Misconduct By Pension Consultants
- Payday Lending in New York: What You Need to Know
Locate a lost life insurance policy on a deceased immediate family member.
What to do about force-placed insurance policies and your eligibility for restitution.
Help for those looking to protect their most valuable asset. Learn more about Insurance, foreclosure, scams and more ...
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- File a complaint against a supervised institution?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a Claim for Recovery against Jugobanka and Beogradska Banka?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- April 17, 2014: Governor Cuomo Deploying Mobile Command Center To Long Island To Deliver Foreclosure Prevention Help To Homeowners
- April 16, 2014: Cuomo Administration Announces Aetna To Pay $500,000 Penalty For Consumer Protection Violations On Insurance Policies
- March 31, 2014: NYDFS Announces MetLife To Pay $60 Million For Insurance Law And Other Violations By Its Subsidiaries Alico And Delam
- March 24, 2014: Superintendent Lawsky Sends Letter To Legislature Urging Passage Of Legislation In State Budget To Protect Consumers From Surprise, Out-Of-Network Medical Bills
- March 17, 2014: Cuomo Administration Announces AXA To Pay DFS $20 Million Fine Over Insurance Violations For Retirement Products
For more news releases and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- March 11, 2014: NYDFS Issues Public Order On Virtual Currency Exchanges
- February 06, 2014: Banking Division Industry Letter: FS-ISAC Participation Recommended For All NYS-Chartered Depository Institutions
- January 27, 2014: NYDFS Virtual Currency Hearing Information/Webcast
- January 23, 2014: NYDFS Outlines Additional Details on Witnesses and Panels for Virtual Currency Hearing on January 28 and 29 in New York City
- January 10, 2014: Superintendent Lawsky Issues Notice Of Intent To Hold Public Hearing Regarding Virtual Currencies On January 28 And 29 In New York City
- November 14, 2013: Notice of Intent to Hold Hearing on Virtual Currencies, Including Potential NYDFS Issuance of a ‘BitLicense'
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
Healthy NY provides small business owners with health insurance for themselves and their employees.
Prior Approval law gives DFS the authority to review and approve health insurance rate increases before they take effect.
DFS has proposed Slumlord Prevention Guidelines to help protect tenants and promote investment in rental housing.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies
HCPO advocates on behalf of Holocaust victims and their heirs seeking the return of Nazi-looted assets.