Learn about insurance, banking, financial services, avoiding foreclosure and more.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Disaster Assistance: (800) 339-1759
- Disaster & Flood Resource Center
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- File a complaint against a supervised institution?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- September 16, 2014: NYDFS Launches Investigation Into Potential Predatory Practices By Hard Money Lenders
- September 4, 2014: Superintendent Lawsky Announces Setting Of 2015 Health Insurance Plan Rates For New York, Including Rates For Health Benefits Exchange
- August 19, 2014: Governor Cuomo Issues Consumer Alert On Potential Home Repair Scams In Wake Of Flooding On Long Island
- August 19, 2014: NYDFS Announces Standard Chartered Bank To Suspend Dollar Clearing For High-Risk Clients In Hong Kong; Pay $300 Million Penalty; Take Other Remedial Steps After Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Failures
- August 18, 2014: NYDFS Announces Pricewaterhousecoopers Regulatory Advisory Services Will Face 24-Month Consulting Suspension; Pay $25 Million; Implement Reforms After Misconduct During Work At Bank Of Tokyo Mitsubishi
For more news releases and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- June 04, 2014: Banking Division Industry Letter: Final Guidelines for Bank Lending to Multifamily Properties Under the Community Reinvestment Act
- May 21, 2014: Consultant Applications Being Accepted
- March 11, 2014: NYDFS Issues Public Order On Virtual Currency Exchanges
- February 06, 2014: Banking Division Industry Letter: FS-ISAC Participation Recommended For All NYS-Chartered Depository Institutions
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...