New York State Department of Financial Services
File a Complaint about a financial product, service or institution that we supervise.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- January 17, 2017: DFS Grants Virtual Currency License to Coinbase, Inc.
- January 17, 2017: DFS Superintendent Vullo Submits Comment Letter To OCC in Opposition of Proposed Special Purpose National Bank Charter for “Fintech” Companies
- January 10, 2017: Governor Cuomo Announces the 6th Proposal of The 2017 State of the State: Banning Bad Actors From the Financial Services Industry for Egregious Conduct
- January 10, 2017: Governor Cuomo Announces 5th Proposal of 2017 State of the State: Comprehensive Plan to Protect Seniors From Financial Exploitation and Foreclosure
- January 5, 2017: New York’s Landmark Anti-Terrorism Transaction Monitoring and Filtering Program Regulation Takes Effect
For more news and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- December 13, 2016: A.G. Schneiderman, Doi Commissioner Peters And Dfs Superintendent Vullo Announce Indictments Of 13 Current And Former City Fire And Police Department Employees In Half Million Dollar Supplemental Insurance Fraud Scams
- December 8, 2016: Four Individuals Charged in No-Fault Insurance Scheme
- December 7, 2016: Ulster DA Announces Arrest for Insurance Fraud
- December 2, 2016: Doctor Charged in Manhattan Federal Court for Illegal Distribution Of Millions of Oxycodone Pills
- November 17, 2016: Out-of-Network Reimbursement Rate Workgroup Meeting Schedule Update
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...
- Deadline Extended for Holocaust Survivors and their Heirs Eligible to Receive Compensation under Agreement between France and the United States
- Update on Action Taken Against Pension Funding, LLC and Pension Income, LLC
- Holocaust Survivors Now Eligible to Receive Pensions from Poland and Czech Republic
- Payday Lending in New York: What You Need to Know
For Help with Insurance Questions
Related to the Lackawanna Fire:
Call our Disaster Hotline:
- Disaster Assistance:
- Disaster Resource Center