Instructions for filing the EL-1 report online
Please click on this link to create your portal account: Create a Portal Account.
After you sign in with your portal user id, follow these steps to obtain access to file EL-1 report online application:
- click on the tab “Available Application”.
- click on “Request Access” next to “Excess Line – Upload”.
- enter either the company name or NAIC number of the company, you will see the company name and NAIC number,
- click on the company, then click on “submit request”.
- You will receive a message sayings “your request for access has been received. You will receive an email when the request(s) are processed”.
After you received the email notification to grant you the access, please follow these steps to upload your EL-1 report online:
- sign in using your portal user id and password,
- click on “excess line – upload”,
- click on arrow to select your company from the list, and then click on “Choose file” to upload your company’s file.
- After the document is loaded, please choose the “Document Type” which is either EL-1 or affirmation,
- Click on “choose file” to upload another file, after the document is loaded, please choose the “document type”, repeat this step if you have more documents.
- Click on “submit” after all documents have been uploaded.
- You will see a message to confirm that the documents have been submitted to the Department.
When you click on “submit”, the Department will be able to review your filing and will email you a confirmation if your filing is complete; otherwise, you will receive an email to ask you to resubmit if the EL-1 filing is incomplete.
If you have any questions, please email Jin Wang (email@example.com) or Han Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org).