Instructions for filing the EL-1 report online
Please click on this link to create your portal account: Create a Portal Account.
After you sign in with your portal user id, follow these steps to obtain access to file EL-1 report online application:
- Click on the tab "Requestable Apps".
- Click on "Request Access" next to "Excess Line - Upload".
- Enter either the company name or NAIC number of the company, you will see the company name and NAIC number,
- Click on the company, then click on "submit request".
- You will receive a message stating "your request for access has been received. You will receive an email when the request(s) is/are processed".
After you received the email notification to grant you the access, please follow these steps to upload your EL-1 report online:
- Sign in using your portal user id and password,
- Click on "excess line - upload" under the Tab "My Apps",
- Click on arrow to select your company from the list, and then click on "Choose file" to upload your company's file.
- After the document is loaded, please choose the "Document Type" which is either EL-1 or affirmation,
- Click on "choose file" to upload another file, after the document is loaded, please choose the "document type", repeat this step if you have more documents.
- Click on "submit" after all documents have been uploaded.
- You will see a message to confirm that the documents have been submitted to the Department.
When you click on “submit”, the Department will be able to review your filing and will email you a confirmation if your filing is complete; otherwise, you will receive an email to ask you to resubmit if the EL-1 filing is incomplete.