Electronic License Request Application
- NOTE: At this time the Electronic License Request function is not available to Service Contract Registrants, Life Settlement Providers, or Life Settlement Intermediaries.
- Please disable the "Pop-up Blocker" setting in your browser before using this Application.
- The license is generated in PDF format. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you need to download this Reader, please see our PDF Download Assistance information.
- To use this application, the recommended browser is Internet Explorer 7.x.
- If you need to acquire the browser, please visit the Microsoft site: http://www.microsoft.com
- If you are experiencing problems using this application or have questions, please e-mail our Licensing Bureau.
- The application will be unavailable daily from 7:30am to 7:45am for regularly scheduled maintenance.
Updated! Initial License Printing
As soon as it is issued, the applicant should electronically print the license by accessing the Department's website at: http://www.dfs.ny.gov/insurance/elec_license_req.htm. To log in, the license number is required. Click on Electronic License Request below to print the license.
Use our Producer / Licensee Search application available on our Agents and Brokers index to determine if the license has been issued and to view the license number.
Once the license is printed, there is a statutory $15.00 duplicate license fee for any future license print requests.
The Department no longer automatically mails paper licenses.
A duplicate license is requested when a current/renewed license is lost or destroyed by the licensee. Pursuant to the Insurance Law a $15.00 fee is required to receive a duplicate license. Credit card payment is the only payment option available for this process.
At this time the Electronic Duplicate License function is not available to Service Contract Registrants, Life Settlement Providers, or Life Settlement Intermediaries.
To Log In, the license number is required.
Before a duplicate license can be generated, the requester must attest that the license was either lost or destroyed.
The Online Duplicate License process is not available for Service Contract Providers, Life Settlement Providers or Life Settlement Intermediaries.
Click on Electronic License Request below to print the license.