Insurance Information and Enforcement System (IIES)
The Insurance Information Enforcement System (IIES) is the Department of Motor Vehicles' comprehensive vehicle based system that makes use of an insurance information database to monitor the insurance status of NYS registered vehicles. Vehicle registrants provide DMV with vehicle identification numbers (VINS) during their vehicle registration process and insurance companies use the same names and VINS when reporting any change in a registrants insurance coverage to DMV.
Insured vehicle information is used by DMV and Law Enforcement personnel and is intended to identify, sanction and ultimately remove uninsured vehicles from New York's highways.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to use the Software
- IIES Directions
- IIES Links
- Lost or Misplaced Pin numbers
- Lost or Misplaced Private Keys
- Problems Downloading the Software
How to use the software
If you have questions regarding how to use the software
please contact the Licensing Bureau at 1-518-473-3207 or via e-mail
- Insurance Information and Enforcement System (IIES) Email Submission
- Download the IIES Software - Version 1.2
- Circular Letter No. 2 (2000): Motor Vehicle Insurance Policies Covering Taxis, Liveries, Buses and Rental Vehicles; Insurance Information Enforcement System (IIES)
- Circular Letter No. 24 (1999): Insurance Information and Enforcement System (IIES) of the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- Motor Vehicle
Bureau Web site
If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader, you will need to download and install this free Reader in order to view and print PDF files. Please read the software license agreement before downloading the program. Select the Adobe icon to begin this process.
Lost or Misplaced Pin numbers
If you or your company was previously issued a Pin number that has been lost or misplaced, please contact the Licensing Bureau at 1-518-473-3207.
Lost or Misplaced Private Keys
If you or your company was previously issued a key that has been lost or misplaced, please contact the Licensing Bureau via e-mail at INS-IIES@dfs.ny.gov.
Not sure if you or anyone in your organization ever applied for an IIES private key for this particular license number prior to today?
- Contact the Licensing Bureau at 1-518-473-3207.
Problems Downloading the Software
To All Agents, Brokers and Company Licensees who are having difficulties downloading the IIES ID Card Generator software provided by the Department of Motor Vehicles:
- If you should receive the following
- “Insufficient Rights”
- “Insufficient Privileges” or
- “Insufficient Administrative
or one similar in context, then we recommend that you please contact your IT Group/Professional and request them to assist you with the download.
- Other questions/problems downloading:
- Please check the Frequently
Asked Questions page for further information.
- Questions regarding the download of the software from the DFS
Web site may be directed to NYSDFS at INS-IIES@dfs.ny.gov.
Please label the subject of the e-mail "IIES".
- You may also call the New York State Department of Financial Services Help Center: 1-518-473-3207
- Please check the Frequently Asked Questions page for further information.