Medical Indemnity Fund
The Medical Indemnity Fund was established in 2011 to provide a funding source for future health care costs associated with birth-related neurological injuries. Enrollees of the Fund are plaintiffs in medical malpractice actions who have received either court-approved settlements or judgments deeming the plaintiffs' neurological impairments to be birth-related.
The Department of Financial Services is designated by law as the administrator of the Fund. AliCare, Inc. has been hired by the Department to administer the day-to-day operations of the Fund. Below find basic information regarding operation of the Fund and application and enrollment resources for qualified plaintiffs.
- Forms and Instructions
- Contact Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- General Information for Providers
- Privacy Notice
- Law: Public Health Law § 2999-g, h, i, j New York State Medical Indemnity Fund
NYS Department of Health information
- Regulation: NYS Medical Indemnity Fund
- Resource Directory for Children and Young Adults with Special Health Care Needs