New York State of Health Marketplace Certification Information
- TO USE THIS APPLICATION, THE RECOMMENDED BROWSER IS INTERNET EXPLORER 7.X OR HIGHER
- The application may be unavailable daily from 7:30am to 7:45am for regularly scheduled maintenance.
- Please disable the "Pop-up Blocker" setting in your browser before using this Application.
- To use DFS Portal applications, the recommended browser is Internet Explorer 7.x. If you need to acquire the browser, visit www.microsoft.com
- If you do not think your application went through please call (518) 474-6630 before processing it a second time.
Requirements to initiate the certification process with New York State of Health Exchange are as follows:
- You must be currently licensed as an insurance agent or broker in New York State.
- If you are licensed as a life and/or accident/health agent under Section 2103(a) you must have the accident/health line of authority.
- If you are licensed as a life and/or accident/health broker under Section 2104(b)(1) you must have the accident/health line of authority.
- If you are licensed as a property & casualty broker under Section 2104 you must have the property and casualty lines of authority.
- If you are licensed as a property & casualty agent under Section 2103(b) you must have the property and casualty lines of authority.
- You must have completed a New York State of Health certification course. Visit Certification Courses for New York Producers for course information.
Producers who meet the above requirements and wish to initiate the certification process with the New York State Health Benefit Exchange must begin the process by logging in to the Producer Application (license number required) and selecting NYS HEALTH BENEFIT EXCHANGE.
Initiate the Certification Process
Once you have completed this process and have obtained a Confirmation Number you will be contacted by the Exchange.
Note: This Department does not issue the certification. The certification will be issued to you by the Exchange. Any questions regarding the New York State of Health Marketplace certification must be directed to the Exchange at 855-355-5777.
If you are unable to find the answer to a financial services licensing question on our website, email the Licensing Bureau at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 342-3736 (Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM).