NEW YORK STATE
THIRD AMENDMENT TO REGULATION NO. 7
(11 NYCRR 23)
AGENTS: FIRE, MARINE, CASUALTY, ETC.
I, Gregory V. Serio, Superintendent of Insurance of the State of New York, pursuant to the authority granted by Sections 201, 301, and 2115 of the Insurance Law, do hereby promulgate the following Third Amendment to Part 23 of Title 11 of the Official Compilation of Codes, Rules and Regulations of the State of New York (Regulation No. 7) to take effect upon publication in the State Register, to read as follows:
(MATTER IN BRACKETS IS DELETED; NEW MATTER IS UNDERLINED)
The title of Part 23 of Title 11 is amended to read as follows:
AGENTS: [FIRE, MARINE, CASUALTY, ETC.] PROPERTY/CASUALTY
Section 23.2 of Part 23 is amended to read as follows:
§23.2 [Types of examinations] Examination.
[The following types of examinations, to be taken and passed by each] Each individual seeking to be a licensee or sublicensee pursuant to section 2103 of the Insurance Law [are hereby prescribed as follows:] shall take and pass an examination on property/casualty insurance.
- General. An examination of all kinds of insurance specified under sub-divisions (b) through (d) of this section.
- Fire and marine. An examination, including fire insurance, marine insurance, miscellaneous property insurance, water damage insurance, collision insurance and motor vehicle and aircraft insurance.
- Casualty. An examination, including burglary and theft insurance, glass insurance, boiler and machinery insurance, elevator insurance, collision insurance, personal liability insurance, general liability insurance, workers compensation and employer's liability insurance, motor vehicle and aircraft insurance and property damage liability insurance.
- Fidelity and surety. An examination on fidelity and surety insurance, including bail bonds. As an alternative to taking and passing the fidelity and surety examination, the following type of examination to be taken and passed by each individual to qualify for a license under section 554-b of the Code of Criminal Procedure or section 6802 of the Insurance Law is hereby prescribed as follows: Bail Bonds. An examination on the bail bond business.
- Credit. An examination on credit insurance.]
Section 23.3 of Part 23 is repealed.
Section 23.4 of Part 23 is renumbered to be Section 23.3 and is amended to read as follows:
[§23.4] §23.3 Accident and health insurance agents for [casualty] property/casualty companies.
Applicants for licensees to act as agents with respect to accident and health insurance on behalf of [casualty] property/casualty insurance companies shall be required to take the accident and health examination under Part 22 of this Title.
Section 23.5 of Part 23 is renumbered to be Section 23.4.
I, Gregory V. Serio, Superintendent of Insurance of the State of New York, do hereby certify that the foregoing is the Third Amendment to Part 23 of Title 11 of the Official Compilation of Codes, Rules and Regulations of the State of New York (Regulation No. 7), promulgated by me on July 23, 2003, pursuant to the authority granted by Sections 201, 301, and 2115 of the Insurance Law.
Pursuant to the provisions of the State Administrative Procedure Act, prior notice of the proposed regulation was published in the State Register on May 21, 2003. No other publication or prior notice is required by statute.
Gregory V. Serio
Superintendent of Insurance
July 23, 2003