DFS Consumer Guides & Publications
- Welcome to the Insurance Frauds Bureau
- Insurance Fraud Information for Consumers
- Consumer Tips: How to Avoid Becoming a Victim of Insurance Fraud
- Consumer Guide to Shopping for Homeowners and Tenants Insurance
- Flood Insurance Resource Center
- Consumer Guide to Insurance for Natural Disasters
- Home Inventory Checklist
- Consumer Guide to Annuity Products in New York
- Consumer Guide to Life Insurance Policyholder Protection
- Life Insurance Resource Center
- Consumer Guide to Long Term Care Insurance in New York
- Insurance Help for the Seriously Ill and Their Caregivers
Many of our publications are available in Portable Document Format or PDF. Documents created in this format (usually with a .pdf extension) can only be viewed and printed using a PDF reader.
Adobe® Reader® software is the free global standard for viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents. To download and install this free Reader in order to view and print PDF files, select the Get Adobe Reader icon in the footer of this page. Please read the software license agreement before downloading the program.
Documents available in PDF format on this Web site are best viewed and printed using Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 or above.