State Charter Advisory Board
The State Charter Advisory Board works with the Superintendent in retaining state chartered banking institutions, encouraging federally chartered institutions to convert to a state charter and promoting the state banking system. There are nine members of the advisory board, consisting of one representative of credit unions, one representative of consumers, one representative of foreign banks; and representatives of banks reflecting a range of assets, size and geographical location.
The superintendent governs the method by which state chartered institutions may nominate persons to the board and the process for selecting such members, provided that the representative of consumers is selected by the Superintendent.
The State Insurance Advisory Board
The State Insurance Advisory Board is charged with working with the Superintendent to further DFS goals as they relate to the insurance industry,
There are 10 members of the advisory board, including seven representatives of domestic insurance companies, one insurance producer, and two consumer representatives. The board’s members, each appointed by the Superintendent to a three-year term, serve without compensation.
The following individuals will serve on the State Insurance Advisory Board for three-year terms, beginning in 2018:
- David W. Anderson, President & CEO, HealthNow New York
- Chuck Bell, Programs Director, Consumers Union
- Lucy Fato, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, AIG
- Roger W. Ferguson, Jr., President & CEO, TIAA
- Karen Ignagni, President & CEO, Emblem Health
- Deanna Mulligan, President & CEO, Guardian Life Insurance Company
- Jacqueline Quintal, Managing Director, Financial Institutions Practice Leader, Aon Risk Solutions
- Diane K. Spicer, Supervising Attorney, Community Health Advocates, Healthcare for All New York Campaign, Community Service Society
- Bernie Turi, Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Utica National Insurance Group
- Michael Zarcone, Executive Vice President & Head of Corporate Affairs, MetLife