New York State of Health Marketplace Certification
Requirements to initiate the certification process with NYSOH
- You must be currently licensed as an insurance agent or broker in New York State.
- If you are licensed as a life and/or accident/health agent under Section 2103(a) you must have the accident/health line of authority.
- If you are licensed as a life and/or accident/health broker under Section 2104(b)(1) you must have the accident/health line of authority.
- If you are licensed as a property & casualty broker under Section 2104 you must have the property and casualty lines of authority.
- If you are licensed as a property & casualty agent under Section 2103(b) you must have the property and casualty lines of authority.
- You must have completed a New York State of Health certification course.
Visit Certification Courses for New York Producers for course and course provider information.
Initiate the Certification Process
Producers who meet the above requirements and wish to initiate the certification process with the New York State Health Benefit Exchange must begin the process by logging into the DFS Portal (license number required) and selecting NYS HEALTH BENEFIT EXCHANGE.
Note: This Department does not issue the certification. The certification will be issued to you by the Exchange. Once you have completed this process and have obtained a Confirmation Number you will be contacted by the Exchange.
Browsers and Blockers
- Use a supported browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher; Firefox 24 or higher; Google Chrome 33, or Safari 5.1.5 or higher
- Disable the "Pop-up Blocker" setting in your browser before using this Application.
- The application may be unavailable daily from 7:30am to 7:45am for regularly scheduled maintenance.
- Questions regarding the New York State of Health Marketplace certification must be directed to the Exchange at (855) 355-5777.
- If you do not think your application went through please call (518) 474-6630 before processing it a second time.
- If you are still need help, email the Licensing Bureau at [email protected].