Relicensing Application (Individual and TBA only)
A license in expired status can be re-instated by submitting a relicensing application.
The Individual/TBA License is issued with an expiration date determined by date of birth:
- If you were born in an even numbered year, your license expires on your birthday in an even numbered year.
- If you were born in an odd numbered year, your license expires on your birthday in an odd numbered year.
Your license will expire on your birthday regardless of the length of licensing period.
For agents, all appointments are automatically terminated when the license expires. Once you become relicensed, you will need to be reappointed by the sponsoring insurance company.
If Continuing Education (CE) was required to renew the license, it will be required to relicense, if your license has been expired for less than 2 years. CE will also be required at your next renewal or relicensing REGARDLESS of the duration of the license period.
Per Section 2132, CE credits must be completed within the licensing period immediately preceding the expiration date. CE courses must be completed on or after the effective date of the current license.
If you are submitting a relicensing application within 180 days of your next expiration date, you can submit both the relicensing and renewal application if you have completed the CE required for both applications.
Residents if your license has been expired for more than 2 years, you must requalify for the license by retaking the licensing exam or by holding another license with the same lines of authority for which you are applying.
You are not required to complete prelicensing education again. The application will ask you to attest to completing the applicable pre-qualifying course and furnish the course number or will ask you to attest to having completed the pre-qualifying course when previously licensed.
Non-Residents must be in good standing and currently licensed in the declared home state with the same lines of authority being applied for in this application.
To submit a relicensing application, visit the Re-licensing Application on the DFS Portal:
Browsers and Blockers
- Use a supported browser: The latest version plus one previous of IE, FF, Chrome and Safari, are supported.
- Disable any “Pop-up Blocker” setting in your browser before using portal applications.
- Maintenance: This application may be unavailable daily from 7:30am to 7:45am for scheduled maintenance.
- Applications may not be compatible with cell phones, tablets or other mobile devices.