Renew a License
A license must be renewed prior to its expiration date or it will expire. If your status as an agent is currently “inactive,” and has been “inactive” for more than 2 years, you will not be eligible to renew until a licensed insurance company processes an appointment on your behalf. Currently licensed Individual/TBA Producers including title insurance agents can renew their license up to 180 days prior to expiration.
- Entities with licenses expiring on 06/30/2019 (Life, accident and health agent/title agent) are now available to renew via the DFS Portal.
- Property/Casualty Agents: You can NO LONGER RENEW for the 2018-2020 licensing period. To re-license, download the Application and Instructions.
- Adjusters: You can NO LONGER RENEW for the 2019-2020 licensing period. To re-license, download the Application and Instructions.
To renew a license, visit the Renewal Application on the DFS Portal:
Browsers and Blockers:
- Use a supported browser: The latest version plus one previous of IE, FF, Chrome and Safari, are supported.
- Disable “Pop-up Blocker” setting in your browser before using DFS portal applications.
- Maintenance: The application may be unavailable daily from 7:30am to 7:45am for scheduled maintenance.
Printing a License
Once you have processed a renewal for a particular license, it is not necessary for that renewal to be processed again.
You will be notified when your license has been issued. The notification will include instructions on how to obtain your license number and print your license. You can check on the status of your license at any time by visiting our Producer/Licensee Search.
If you are experiencing technical problems or need help, email us at [email protected]. And again, If you do not think the renewal application went through please call (518) 474-6600 before processing it a second time.