General Information for Insurance Companies
- Confidentiality for Victims of Domestic Violence
- DMV Codes and Company Contacts
- Foreign (Non-U.S.) Jurisdictions Approved for Netting for Purposes of Derivative Transactions
- Internationally Active Insurance Groups (IAIGs) and Group-Wide Supervision
- Paid Family Leave (PFL) Benefits Coverage
- Speed to Market Guidelines
- Temporary Independent Adjuster's Permit
Insurance Company Search
- Insurance Company Search (DFS Portal)
Insurance Company Licensing
Consent to Engage in Business
The Omnibus Crime Bill disqualifies anyone convicted of a criminal felony involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or anyone who has been convicted of an offense under this section from employment in the insurance industry. This ban may be removed if approval is given by the Superintendent for the individual to remain or become employed in the insurance industry. This request can be made by completing the Application for Written Consent to Engage in the Business of Insurance.
Managing General Agents (MGA)
Every insurer must file appropriate forms within 30 days of appointing or terminating a person or entity as an MGA. MGA forms can be found on the Managing General Agent page.
- Loss Costs Multipliers and Expense Constants Currently in Use as of December 31, 2020 (PDF)
- Circular Letter No. 6 (2008)
Company Complaint Response System (CCRS)
The Company Complaint Response System can be found on the DFS Secure Portal. To access the CCRS for the first time, your company must first designate a Trusted Source(s) via the DFS Portal. The Trusted Source then authorizes other staff to use CCRS.
To get started visit the DFS Portal: