General Information for Insurance Companies
- Paid Family Leave (PFL) Benefits Coverage
- Confidentiality for Victims of Domestic Violence
- Foreign (Non-U.S.) Jurisdictions Approved for Netting for Purposes of Derivative Transactions
- Speed to Market Guidelines
- DMV Codes and Company Contacts
- Insurance Company Search (DFS Portal)
Consent to Engage in Business
The Omnibus Crime Bill disqualifies anyone convicted of a criminal felony involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or anyone who has been convicted of an offense under this section from employment in the insurance industry. This ban may be removed if approval is given by the Superintendent for the individual to remain or become employed in the insurance industry. This request can be made by completing the Application for Written Consent to Engage in the Business of Insurance.
Delegation of Authority
This form should be completed and filed by every insurer within 30 days after every delegation of authority to a person or entity or termination of authority as Managing General Agent (manager).
- Loss Costs Multipliers and Expense Constants Currently in Use as of April 1, 2019 (PDF)
- Loss Cost 2016 Public Hearing Information
- Circular Letter No. 6 (2008)
Company Complaint Response System (CCRS)
The Company Complaint Response System can be found on the DFS Secure Portal. To access the CCRS for the first time, your company must first designate a Trusted Source(s) via the DFS Portal. The Trusted Source then authorizes other staff to use CCRS.
To get started visit the DFS Portal: