General Information and Resources for Mortgage Industry
- Warehouse Line Providers Approved by DFS
- 2018 Changes to Reverse Mortgage Foreclosure Process
- RPAPL 1308 Exemption Form (PDF)
- Temporary Authority - to act as a Mortgage Loan Originator
- RPAPL 1308, Inspecting, Securing & Maintaining Zombie Properties Industry Guidance (September 2017) (PDF)
- Total Number of Residential Real Property Mortgages Originated in New York State in 2017
- Amendments to Part 39
- Mortgage Banking-Related Industry Letters
Electronic Submission of Application Materials
DFS accepts mortgage related application materials at the following dedicated email address: [email protected]
Where DFS needs originals of certain documents, as outlined on the application checklists posted on the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS) it will accept online submission first so that mail delays do not hold up processing of the application, the original must be submitted by mail within 5 days of electronically filing the application through NMLS. Confidential files should be encrypted or password protected. Mortgage Banking will contact the sender for the password or encryption key.
Please use the following email addresses for questions regarding the status of an application, licensing requirements or mortgage banking law and regulations.