Accreditation of a Stock Property/Casualty Company - Checklist
The following list indicates what material must be filed with the New York State Department of Financial Services - Insurance Division. One set of original documents should go to the Office of General Counsel in Albany and one set of original documents should go to the Property Bureau in Albany:
- Certified copy of the company"s charter (or articles), certified by the state of domicile.
- Certified copy of the company"s by-laws, certified by the corporate secretary or by the state of domicile.
- Certified copy of the company"s latest report on examination.
- Annual Statements for each of the three years immediately preceding the year of application.
- Interim financial statements.
- Certificate of Compliance from the state of domicile.
- Certificate of Deposit from the state of domicile.
- Holding Company Form B, if applicable.
- * Copies of all reinsurance agreements. Requirements for reinsurance agreements
- * Copies of management/service agreements, if any. Requirements for management/service agreements
- Commitment to conform to New York Insurance Law. (Section 1106 resolution)
- Untrustworthy Commitment. Applicant | Parent
- * A list of the company"s directors and key officers together with biographical questionnaire on each. The form is UCAA form #11 NAIC Biographical Affidavit.
*** Note: Do not send reinsurance agreements, management/service agreements or biographical questionnaires to the Office of General Counsel. ***