Call For Special Report Pursuant To Section 308, New York Insurance Law
Commercial Automobile Liability Insurers Covering Public Automobile Classifications
DUE DATE: December 20, 2023
Letter to Industry for this data call.
The main data file to be completed and returned to the Department.
General instructions for completing this data call.
Completing the Survey
Insurers must now submit the completed file online via the secure DFS Portal (instructions below).
Download the Cover Letter and Excel file “REPORT.xlsx” (links above), and complete the data required per the Instructions.
Save the workbook file “REPORT.xlsx” in the original excel file format; do not convert the file to a different version of excel or "PDF".
After saving the “REPORT.xlsx” file, log into the DFS Portal to upload the completed file..
To access the DFS Portal you will need to create or log into an existing Portal account (as stated in the email you received with a link to instructions to create an account).
Once signed in, request access to the "Public Auto Classifications (NYIL 308)" using the “Ask for Apps” button.
Once DFS approves your request, you will receive a confirmation email. The next time you log in, you will see the application "Public Auto Classifications (NYIL 308)" in “My Apps” and can submit your report file (once completed) as follows:
- The first drop-down on the submission screen is for “Entity”. Choose the company for whom you are making the submission.
- Click the “Choose file” button and select the file to be uploaded in the dialog box.
- The “check box” regarding the affirmation statement must be checked prior to submitting the file.
- Click the “Submit” button when done.
- You should receive an email confirming receipt of the report.
IMPORTANT: This report file MUST be submitted through the correct Portal application. DO NOT submit the report through the “Insurance Company and Fraternal Benefit Society Filings” Application, as it will not be processed and the company may be considered out of compliance with this statutory requirement.
NOTE: A portal session times out if there has been no activity for 30 minutes. Data entered into the portal will NOT be saved once the session has timed out. Accordingly, start a new session just before you begin entering your data.
Browsers and Blockers
- Use a supported browser: The latest version plus one previous of IE, FF, Chrome and Safari, are supported.
- Disable any “Pop-up Blocker” setting in your browser before using portal applications.
- Maintenance: This application may be unavailable daily from 7:30 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. for scheduled maintenance.
- Applications may not be compatible with cell phones, tablets or other mobile devices.
To manage the users authorized to file on behalf on an entity, each entity must identify an individual to serve as a local security administrator called a "Trusted Source."
A Trusted Source has the right to approve new submitters and reviewers for their company without active DFS intervention.
Each entity must designate one trusted source, plus one backup, to manage access approvals to this application for the entity. A trusted source will be assigned this role when DFS approves an “Ask for Apps” request. Users should identify if they will be the designed trusted source for their company in the “Request Comment” field.
Questions regarding this filing should be sent to [email protected]