Purchasing Groups Registered in New York
Purchasing groups are required to be registered in New York in order to do business in this State. This listing of purchasing groups registered in New York includes the names of the groups and their addresses.
List of Registered Purchasing Groups (Excel)
Registration and Updates
Pursuant to Regulation 195 (11 NYCRR Part 6) purchasing groups are required to make filings electronically*. Effective May 25, 2020, Purchasing Group Registrations, and Updates must be submitted via the DFS Portal. To access the DFS Portal you will need a Portal account.
Once your portal account is created you will be able to access the Purchasing Group application by clicking the "DFS Portal" button below:
The following are items that are necessary to complete the application for submission via portal:
- Registration Form - Part A
- Purchasing group's principal place of business
- The method by which, and the person or persons if any through whom, insurance will be offered to its members whose risks are resident or located in this state
- All other states the group intends to do business
- A certified copy of a resolution by the purchasing group's governing body or empowered person authorizing the requisite power of attorney
- Part B - Certificate of Appointment of Attorney to Accept Service and Designation
- Name, address, and telephone number of contact person of the insurers that provide coverage for the New York members of the purchasing group.
(Submit this information only if such insurers are licensed in the State of New York)
- In the case where the insurer is unauthorized in New York, provide the name, license number, address, and telephone number of excess line broker
- Non-refundable Registration Fee of $100.00 payable by check to the Superintendent of Financial Services.
NYS Department of Financial Services
Office of Financial Management - Revenue Unit
One Commerce Plaza, Suite 1850
Albany, NY 12257
Note: The purchasing group should not conduct or transact business in this state until it has been notified that its registration is complete.
*Pursuant to Section 6.3 of the Regulation 195 (11 NYCRR Part 6) an entity may file for an exemption from electronic filing requirement by submitting a written request to the superintendent for approval at least 30 days before the entity shall submit the particular filing or submission that is the subject of the request.
If you have questions, email [email protected].