Add-A-Line Application (Individual and TBA only)
Available to currently licensed agents and brokers who wish to apply for additional line(s) of authority to their existent license.
Prelicensing course (unless exempt) and examination required if applying for the following lines of authority:
- Life (licenses which have a prefix of LA or LB)
- Accident/Health (licenses which have a prefix of LA or LB)
- Property/Casualty (licenses which have a prefix of BR or PC)
- Personal Lines (licenses which have a prefix of BR or PC)
If applying for the variable life line of authority (licenses which have a prefix of LA and LB), your current license must include the life line of authority and you must be currently registered with FINRA.
Travel Accident may be applied for if you hold a current license with a prefix of LA or LB.
Baggage may be applied for if you hold a current license with a prefix of PC or BR.
Must be currently licensed and in good standing in your home state for the lines of authority you currently hold as well as the lines of authority for which you are applying.
- To access Licensing applications, please use one of the following supported browsers: Internet Explorer 7 or higher; Firefox 24 or higher; Google Chrome 33, or Safari 5.1.5 or higher.
- Disable any "Pop-up Blocker" setting in your browser before using portal applications.
- The application may be unavailable daily from 7:30am to 7:45am for regularly scheduled maintenance.
Electronic License Printing
- As soon as it is issued, the applicant should electronically print the license by accessing the Electronic License Request Application. To log in, the license number is required.
- Use our Producer / Licensee Search application to determine if the line of authority was added to your record. If it you can then print the amended license.
- Once the license is printed, there is a statutory $15.00 duplicate license fee for any future license print requests.
- For security and identification purposes, a bar code has been added to all licenses.
- The Department no longer automatically mails paper licenses.
Access the Add-A-Line Application
If you are experiencing technical problems using this application or need additional assistance, email the Licensing Bureau at [email protected].