- ENTITIES holding Property/Casualty AGENT licenses can NO LONGER RENEW for the 2018-2020 licensing period. To RELICENSE, download the entity application and instructions.
- The renewal for ENTITIES WITH LICENSES expiring October 31, 2018 (broker, excess lines broker/life broker) are now available to renew. Please use the “Renew Your License” link at the bottom of this page. The license must be renewed prior to its expiration date or the license will expire.
- UPDATE: All currently licensed ADJUSTERS can now renew online for the 2019 through 2020 licensing period using the “Renew Your License” link at the bottom of this page. NOTE after logging in, print the sample Bond before processing the application.
Individual/TBA Producers including TITLE INSURANCE AGENTS - Currently licensed individual/tba producers can renew their license up to 180 days prior to expiration using the “Renew Your License” link at the bottom of this page.
Note to agents - If your status as an agent is currently “inactive” and has been “inactive” for more than 2 years you will not be eligible to renew until a licensed insurance company processes an appointment on your behalf.
- To access and use Licensing applications, the latest version plus one previous of major web browsers: IE, FF, Chrome and Safari, are supported.
- Disable any “Pop-up Blocker” setting in your browser before using portal applications.
- For security and identification purposes, a bar code has been added to all licenses.
Printing a License
The Department no longer automatically mails paper licenses. Licenses are generated in PDF format. As soon as a license is issued, the licensee should print the license. Once a license is printed, there is a statutory $15.00 duplicate license fee for any future license print requests.
Use the Producer/Licensee Search application to determine if a license has been issued and to view the license number.
The License Renewal Application is a secured application available on the DFS portal:
Access the License Renewal Application
Once you have processed a renewal for a particular license, it is not necessary for that renewal to be processed again. If you do not think the renewal application went through please call (518) 474-6630 before processing it a second time.
If you are experiencing technical problems using this application or need additional assistance, email the Licensing Bureau at [email protected].